Wednesday, July 28, 2010

My Thai Address

After a miserably stressful and hectic four days (and the help of Priscilla and my mom), I had "somewhat" successfully moved out of my Knoxville apartment and packed all that I would need to live and teach in Bangkok for two years. It was, perhaps, the worst and most difficult task I have ever attempted...it sucked. But eventually I had condensed my entire life's contents down to 3 1/2 bags (each weighing ~65 lbs). So on Sunday morning, July 25th, (running a bit late as usual) my family and I pulled out of 7104 Dalefield Lane to catch my flight out of Atlanta with the trunk of my grandpa's car literally tied down with a rope!! After a $330 fee for excess baggage, a 'farewell' family portrait, and a tearful goodbye, I was only a 14.5 hour and 5.5 hour plane ride from arriving in Bangkok, Thailand!

My New Postal Address:

Ms. Tiffany Simms
Sethiwan Residence

85 Sukhumvit Soi 13
Unit 17-B
Bangkok, Thailand
10110

4 comments:

  1. This looks AMAZING! It reminds me our suite in Las Vegas. Shoot some pictures out the window, or off the balcony, so we can see your view.
    And thanks for the Blog... it's going to be fun following you on your adventure.
    Love you bunches!
    Dad (and Mom)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this your new place? It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! This is my apartment building in Bangkok; although these aren't my personal photos. I move in on Sunday, August 1 and will take some pictures of my actual apartment then...but these pics do look just like mine will :) Thanks, Zach!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your first day of school at NIST!
    xox mom

    ReplyDelete